*Ben has now left Brazil to take up a new position for the BBC in London. TO BE UPDATED.*
Ben Tavener is a freelance TV reporter, multimedia journalist and producer in covering Brazil and South America from São Paulo. He provides news reports, analysis, features and multimedia coverage for a broad spectrum of world-class media outlets.
See examples of Ben’s TV reporting and photography in this showreel trailer.
Examples of Ben’s multimedia coverage of major new stories from Brazil and South America – including for the Anadolu news agency, BBC News and VICE News – can be found below:
- TV report: Could Brazil be the world’s fattest nation by 2030?
- TV report: Rechargeable hearing aids powered by the sun
- TV/article: Can theatre cure mental health problems?
- TV report: Brazil developing HIV vaccine
- TV report: Dengue risk at the World Cup
- TV report: Can your sunglasses protecting your eyes?
- Live TV: Brazil June 2013 Protests
- TV/article: Using venom to create a vaccine
- Article: Why Brazilians are protesting against President Rousseff
- Article: Brazil’s overcrowded, mismanaged prisons are at breaking point
- Article: Rio’s Olympic housing crisis: forced evictions and demolished favelas
- Article: Brazil’s top court outlaws corporate election financing
- Analysis: How Brazil can make healthcare more efficient (republished by WEF)
Al Jazeera America
- Opinion: On political crisis threatening President Rousseff
- Opinion: On Brazil’s lacking foreign policy
- Video/article: Violent protest darkens Brazil World Cup celebrations
- Breaking news: Brazil overpass collapses onto highway
- Article: Was hosting the World Cup worth it for Brazil?
Canadian CTV National News
- World Cup coverage, including for Canada AM
- Live two-way: On World Cup Strike, Protest Concerns
- Live two-way: On Rio Building Collapse